Saturday, February 9, 2013


So I posted this comment below to OKC Mayor Mick's facebook page yesterday and he has not responded....I'm really kind of shocked...Ok, not really.... :-) Perhaps he's really busy trying to find alternative water sources for OKC....but I doubt it. If are so inclined and want to drop by his page and drop him a line about how important Canton Lake is to you, I'm sure he would love to hear about it... :-O I'll post the link to his page in my next comment. Keep on keeping on! :-)

Dear Mayor, I spent my lunch time watching your speech and I thought it was great. I do have a major concern however that I did not hear addressed in it. WATER. I think you covered a lot of things very well, but you did not address the drought situation that is currently going on in our state and the effects a growing city and it's water demands are putting on rural America. I was pleased to see you incorporate your mother into your speech, if she is anything like my mother she taught you that your benefit or gain should never come at other's peril. As I am sure you are well aware the current draw of water from Canton Lake by your fair city, to feed the growth you are so proud of, is having extremely adverse and devastating effects on many communities in NW OK. I did not hear you address any water shortage or rationing that will be needed for the City to continue on the growth pattern it's on. All the new trees you spoke of will require more water, the new park and other things you have in the works, more water, the new people you speak of moving to town....again, MORE WATER. Please if you won't stop the devastation by having the gates at Canton Lake closed, please at least address the issue with your general populous and educate them to the fact there is a drought going on in our state. Please let them know that all the growth is coming at an extremely high cost to small communities in our fair state. If you are unwilling to do that due to your political position and fear of losing it, please at least promote water conservation and rationing to help try and alleviate some of the pain that is being felt by those who have built lives and livelihoods around a beautiful lake that is being destroyed in Western OK. Many of us out here like to come enjoy the city and spend our hard earned money there in your shops and entertainment venues. We help make the economic machine there run, the least you could do sir is help us out a little. Please make sure this website gets put out in the public as best you can...http://squeezeeverydrop.com/. I thank you in advance for your attention to this matter. Signed a very concerned citizen of Canton Oklahoma, Mark Fuqua.

Use OKC's Water Wisely. Squeeze More from Every Drop.
squeezeeverydrop.com











































































No comments:

Post a Comment